Position DescriptionWhat you'll do at Walmart Labs
The Merchant Tech organization is standing up a new team to develop Cost & Negotiation solutions for our merchants. This is a greenfield startup and our teams are agile and cloud-native. We learn from each other every day. We have a startup culture and are looking to grow our team with software engineers who take pride in their craft and are ready to grow in a fast-paced team-oriented environment. As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Work with small teams of talented engineers to build a best-in-class solutions
- Participate in the discovery phase to come up with high level design
- Collaborate with team members to influence the architecture and design of software and help bring quality into the design of the product
- Be given the freedom to try new things, prove the value of your own ideas and innovations, and own them all the way to production
- Create and maintain test suites for functional, regression, acceptance and UAT testing
- Responsible for functional, integration, data integrity and regression in order to ensure quality of code before releasing to production
- Participate in internal hackathons and innovation challenges!
- Stay updated on the latest technologies both in the company and industry and be able to utilize them to good effect
- Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, energy, perseverance and the desire to solve big problems
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, rapidly changing, dynamic and fast-paced environment and the ability to learn and adapt to new technology quickly
- Excellent written communication and follow-up skills
- Experience in agile delivery, as well as DevOps.
- Experience with functional, regression, performance and stress testing
- Experience with enhancing automated tests in CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with NoSQL (i.e. Cassandra) and RDBMS (MySQL, MariaDB, SQL Server), Hadoop, Spark, Hive
- Ability to work in a cloud computing environment (infrastructure, storage, platforms and/or data)
- Knowledge of container technologies like Docker
- 1 year s experience designing technical solutions in response to customer requests or changes in retail business.
- 2 years experience designing, leading, and implementing technology projects.
- 2 years experience in production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations.
- 2 years experience troubleshooting network infrastructure problems.
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.