The Signs and Labels team is a fast paced team with many different aspects of labels from hardware to software applications. The signs and labels team prints 13 million labels a day in the US stores and many million labels in other countries. The team is currently working on taking the labeling from paper only to allow digital Electronic shelf labels through the current system.
- Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Manages small to large-sized complex projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years of experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years of experience in software engineering or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge in deployment strategies in OneOps, Looper, Docker and Concord
- 1+ years experience with NoSQL
- Master s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Kuebernetes knowledge
- 1+ years experience with hardware (ie. POS, Printers, etc.)
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.