- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science and 3 years experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years experience in software engineering or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years experience in software engineering or related field.
Local Theory is a portfolio company under Walmart’s startup incubator Store No. 8. At Local Theory, we are obsessed with finding data science solutions to challenging problems in Merchandising. We believe that the relevance of the products we sell in our stores is the life blood of Walmart. Although Walmart is the largest retailer in the world, we want each individual store to be tailored to the community and optimized for the associates serving that community. At Local Theory, we are passionate about ideas; our default is to move fast and iterate to develop them.We are building a team of optimistic and talented associates in an environment which has the dynamism of a startup but the resources and data of the world’s largest corporation.