- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports business objectives
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science and 4 years experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years experience in software engineering or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years experience in software engineering or related field.
Local Theory is a portfolio company under Walmart’s startup incubator Store No. 8. At Local Theory, we are obsessed with finding data science solutions to challenging problems in Merchandising. We believe that the relevance of the products we sell in our stores is the life blood of Walmart. Although Walmart is the largest retailer in the world, we want each individual store to be tailored to the community and optimized for the associates serving that community. At Local Theory, we are passionate about ideas; our default is to move fast and iterate to develop them.We are building a team of optimistic and talented associates in an environment which has the dynamism of a startup but the resources and data of the world’s largest corporation.