- Analyzes systems or business processes to design solutions (for example, software, hardware)
- Conducts business and technical impact analysis of proposed application changes
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Develops associate capabilities
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Participates on team projects
- Participates, creates, and delivers communication on application solutions to diverse audiences (for example, management, customers, suppliers, technical staff)
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Supports Information Systems Division (ISD) teams and applications
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 5 years experience in information technology within the past 10 years OR 7 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 3 years experience leading a technical team.
- 6 years of development experience in C/C++.
- 6 years of development experience in Java.
- 6 years of development experience in Microsoft .Net.
- 6 years of development experience in SQL technology.
- 6 years of development experience in business intelligence tools.
- Professional certification in information technology relevant to the job under consideration (for example, Java, C/C++, mainframe technologies, SAP, Microsoft .Net, business intelligence tools, SQL technology).
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.