- Analyzes and interprets information for one or more initiative work streams to improve business efficiency
- Collaborates cross-functionally on assignments with internal and external stakeholders to understand the results of data analyses and research
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Develops and directs one or more work streams of a cross-functional project to achieve desired results
- Develops tools that support decision making and business cases
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions.
- Leverage analytics mindset, big data and visualization skills to provide data scientists support and accelerate algorithm development.
- Work with data scientists on data preparation with business understanding, model performance monitoring and visualization and business presentation.
- Develop analytics prototypes leveraging Python, R and other languages or partner with engineers on analytics application production development.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Art and 2 years' data analytics experience OR 4 years' data analytics experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
o 2 years’ experience in SQL in big data.
o 2 years’ experience in visualization tools – tableau, power BI, data studio, r shiny.
o 2 years’ experience in business analytics presentation.
o 1 year’s experience leading teams or supervisory experience.
o 2 years' Walmart experience in merchandising, engineering, information systems, distribution, logistics, replenishment, human resources, store operations, supply chain, transportation division, or customer service area.
o 2 years' experience in retail.
o 2 years' experience leading projects in engineering, strategy, or innovations fields.
o 2 years' experience managing multiple projects.
o 3 years' leading projects in engineering, strategy, or innovations field.
o Master's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Supply Chain or related field
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.