The American Cyber Alliance in partnership with Arkansas Center for Data Sciences, is looking for students, recent graduates, new hires and current employees wanting to advance their career in cyber. Training is 16 weeks, comprised of full immersion training with on-keyboard active simulation, classroom instruction and field experience. This is a paid apprenticeship program tied to a full-time position. Must be able to attend training M-F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. in Little Rock.
Who should apply?
- Individuals currently pursuing a degree in one of the following: Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber, Information Assurance or other IT related program.
- Individuals currently pursuing a certifications CompTIA Security+ , CIISP, or Cisco CCNA Security certifications. Cybersecurity Network Defense Course (CNDC) certificate.
- Current company employees wanting a career change into cyber security; Incumbent employees wanting to up-tool current skill set.
- Service members within 6 months of military-to-civilian transition.
Job Responsibilities (We will train you to perform the duties listed below):
- Leverage provided resources to research reported events, threats, vulnerabilities, and intelligence to triage critical events and assist in remediation on low level events.
- Identify attacks and threats, determine root cause, scope, and severity of each, and compile/report findings
- Assist in maturing incident response play books with Security Operations
- Assist in the generation of reporting & creation of cybersecurity metrics
- Identify network computer intrusion evidence and perpetrators.
- Additional topics:
1) Firewall configuration and traffic analysis
2) System security design
3) Access control and management
4) Security training and awareness programs
5) Security policies and procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented, organized and have multi-tasking skills
- Strong computer software skills – word processing, spreadsheets, database management and presentation
- Interest in a career in Cyber Security
Desired Skills & Abilities (Nice to have not required):
- Familiarity with cyber security topics and functions such as TCP, DNS, LDAP, cyber security frameworks, SSO, Encryption etc.
- Textbook knowledge in network analysis, PCI compliance, host analysis and IDS/IPS technology
- Experience with email/domain security preferred
- Unix/Linux general knowledge
- User and admin familiarity– Redhat, Fedora, CentOS, SuSE etc.
- Python, PERL, bash or other scripting experience.
- Knowledge of security disciplines: identification, authentication, authorization, access control, administration and audit.
- Knowledge of general attacks stages (e.g., foot-printing and scanning, enumeration, gaining access, escalation of privileges, maintaining access, network exploitation, covering tracks).
- Basic understanding of information security concepts and terms including attack vectors, malware, APTs, backdoors, phishing, social engineering, etc.