Arkansas Center for Data Sciences is looking for students, recent graduates, new hires and current employees wanting to advance their career as a Data Analyst. Training is 16 weeks, comprised of full immersion training with on-keyboard active simulation, classroom instruction and field experience. This is a paid apprenticeship program tied to a full-time position. Must be able to attend training M-F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. in Little Rock. Tentative start date: Fall 2019.
Who should apply?
- Individuals currently pursuing a degree in one of the following: Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Analytics, MIS, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Assurance or other IT related program.
- Individuals currently pursuing or achieved certification in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis.
- Current company employees wanting a career change into Data Analytics; Incumbent employees wanting to up-tool current skill set.
- Service members within 6 months of military-to-civilian transition.
General Job Responsibilities (We will train you to perform the duties listed below):
- Gathering and analyzing various types of data;
- Create, build and audit ad-hoc reports and analysis based on requirements
- Defining, documenting, and improving business processes;
- Proactively identifies issues and opportunities to enhance data management and reporting through detailed and high-level problem solving to ensure consistent delivery
- Develop dashboards, analysis and reporting to be utilized cross functionally to understand business performance
- Compile, model and present data insights to key stakeholders
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented, organized and have multi-tasking skills
- Strong computer software skills – word processing, spreadsheets, database management and presentation
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
Desired Skills & Abilities (Nice to have not required):
- Knowledge of common database architectures and how to extract and transform complex datasets
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, graphs, macros, etc.)
- Textbook knowledge of machine Learning techniques and algorithms.
- Academic or work experience with ETL tools (SSRS, SSIS or equivalent)
- Beginner level experience with Microsoft, Oracle, or DB2 SQL Languages
- Experience with SAP, Tableau, HANA, Power BI, SAS or other BI tools(writing and troubleshooting queries, extracting and transforming data, etc.)