Customer Science group consists of trusted, influential, proactive consultants & data scientists. We provide actionable insights and personalization solution that enable Walmart to deliver on its core purpose. We translate the voice of the customer on the company’s most important initiatives. This includes understanding what they want now as well as in the future, and monitoring progress. We create or acquire capabilities that broaden influence and allow decision makers to make a more customer-centric decision. We provide the customer perspective synthesized from multiple sources of data – sales, click stream, marketing, operations, customer care, services, 3rd party data, etc... We use big data eco-systems in Google Cloud Platform and on-premise Hadoop clusters.
- Design data structure to accelerate analytics and machine learning with data science experience
- Support 3rd party data acquisition by reviewing and assessing new external data asset using statistical analytics. Driving proof of concept of new data capabilities
- Develops and maintains data schemas and dictionaries; defines metadata
- Owns metric definitions, resolves ambiguities, and ensures proper metric is used
- Establishes data quality requirements, monitors data quality trends, defines SLAs, and works with data engineers and data producers to resolve and prevent data issues
- Ensures adherence to data standards and policies
- Bachelor of Science and 2 years' data science experience OR Master of Science and 1 year's data science experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 4 years' experience with SQL and relational databases (for example, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server).
- 4 years' experience with statistical programming languages (for example, SAS, R).
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics and 7 years' experience in an analytics related field.
- Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis.
- Doctoral degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, or Mathematics and 1 year's experience in an analytics related field.
- Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, or Mathematics and 3 years' experience in an analytics related field.
-Experience with statistical analysis and modeling and related software tools, such as R/Python.
-Experience with data mining and machine learning.
-Working knowledge of Relational Database Systems and SQL.
-Experience with Google Cloud Platform – big query, data proc, storage, jupyter notebook.
-Experience with Big Data distributed computing tools, such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark
-Experience with Shell scripting and Linux operating system
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.