Customer Science group consists of trusted, influential, proactive consultants, data scientists and data engineers. We provide actionable insights and personalization solution that enable Walmart to deliver on its core purpose. We translate the voice of the customer on the company’s most important initiatives. This includes understanding what they want now as well as in the future, and monitoring progress. We create or acquire capabilities that broaden influence and allow decision makers to make a more customer-centric decision.
We provide the customer perspective synthesized from multiple sources of data – sales, click stream, marketing, operations, customer care, services, 3rd party data, and etc. We use big data eco-systems in Google Cloud Platform and on-premise Hadoop clusters, and build data pipelines and data analytics infrastructures to accelerate data analytics and machine learning.
- Data pipeline development for analytics and data science in Google Cloud Platform and on-premise Hadoop clusters
- Develops and maintains data schemas and dictionaries; defines metadata
- Build data system and data quality monitoring process and ensure health of the big data system
- Debug and maintain big data systems and processes
- Evaluate cost of various big data technologies such as hive, spark, presto, big query in Google Cloud Platform and establish best practices of technologies in data analytics
- Develop data APIs to support analytics and data science products
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science and 4 years experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years experience in software engineering or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years experience in software engineering or related field.
In depth experience in Google Cloud Platform – big query, data proc, storage, stackdriver, compute engine, cloud composer, airflow.
- In depth experience in Hadoop eco system – hive, spark, presto, druid, oozie, yarn, map reduce
- Experience with Shell scripting and Linux operating system
- Experience in Java, Java restful services, J2EE, Spring
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.