- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports business objectives
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
We are a progressive technology group working in an agile environment that is looking for technologists who want to solve complex, high-scale business problems. You must have a go-getter attitude, excellent communication, and a belief that the customer is first. We are looking for an engineer who believes in delivering solid, robust solutions with a sense of ownership.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will contribute to architecture and development of enterprise system designs and development, proof of concepts, analysis of software products, and real-time metric and data system designs. This role will involve collaboration with the business partners, product managers and representatives from other engineering disciplines. You will also work on enabling APIs to be consumed by various enterprise mobile applications and systems to support our omnichannel needs.