Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
What you'll do...
- Manages continuous improvement and packaging innovation by reviewing and analyzing internal processes to highlight opportunities for cost reductions and process efficiencies; developing and continually reviewing objectives that refine business processes to maximize end-to-end efficiency and customer value; keeping up-to-date on technology and packaging industry standards; managing packaging solutions and requirements to address innovation in distribution automation; and working upstream to reduce packaging issues by key stakeholders.
- Resolves issues with packaging structure by identifying discrepancies; determining needed resources; collaborating with business partners to develop solutions; implementing solutions or contingency plans; and establishing work processes, best practices, and standards for the packaging team.
- Manages teams in the development of external communications to ensure the consistent global execution of packaging specifications by collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with Walmart standards; preparing presentations to communicate packaging direction; and posting of reference materials for the supplier community to the Walmart information system.
- Manages innovative supply chain processes, best practices, and strategic solutions by overseeing strategic supply chain goals; leading internal and external project teams; driving collaboration with cross-functional teams to provide business solutions; partnering with key vendors to develop business solutions; assessing key performance indicators; establishing project objectives; driving strategic and long-range plans to meet critical timelines; and communicating with and influencing key decision-makers and executives within the organization.
- Collaborates with senior and executive leadership to develop sustainable supply chain strategies by providing guidance on supply chain gaps and areas of opportunity; acting as an Enterprise Knowledge Lead, advising leadership on industry best practices; recommending initiatives with the greatest return on investment potential; and leading major projects and overseeing project teams to drive initiatives from concept through implementation.
- Oversees initiatives to reduce operating expenses within the supply chain and enhance services by overseeing multiple projects from concept to implementation; developing operating and capital budgets and recommending them for approval; reviewing and approving project plans; and collaborating with key business partners to ensure sustainable process changes that support business initiatives.
- Manages, grows, and maintains professional relationships with education institutions and professional associations; advocating and communicating the mission and standards that establish a best place to practice environment; understanding the scope of the professions and changes in engineering; dedicating time to meet and converse with future engineers; and ensuring leadership is responsive to the needs of engineering professionals.
- Oversees and executes logistics engineering projects by implementing project plans and timelines for multiple site projects; collecting data for project performance tracking to ensure projects are meeting financial goals; and engaging operations management to ensure operational needs are being met while minimizing operational impact.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field and 4 years’ experience in Industrial Engineering, supply chain, or a related area OR 6 years’ experience in Industrial Engineering, supply chain, or a related area. 2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.