Membership is the core part of Sam's club as we are a membership-based business. As an in-club membership Product Manager, you will own new members join experience. You'll be leading an Experience team, including engineers, designers, analytics, product operations to build products and platforms to support in-club associates to serve and delight our members.
• End to end product ownership to drive our strategic product and technology vision for the new members join experience.
• Develop and execute a member-focused product roadmap via close collaboration with senior leadership, Operations, Data Science, Analytics, Design and Engineering.
• Translate member and internal-user needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the retail landscape
• Guide and interface closely with data analysis and engineering teams to define the scope, review and refine technical capabilities, prioritize projects for release, and define new opportunities
• Roll-up sleeves and partner with in-club associates to run lean experiments to find members and associates pain points and solutions
• Communicate and report overall status, primary metrics, key fraud issues and solution plans and readiness timelines to senior management and executives.
• Establish business cases and projected ROI on investment to identify and prioritize opportunities
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• 4+ years of product management experience in the retail/tech industry
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Prior App development experience
• Focus on data and analytics to solve problems and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
• Experience in effectively working with multiple stakeholders for collaboration and solving company-wide problems.
• Tenacity to keep issues top of mind of relevant stakeholders and conviction to stand-by decisions
• Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize and drive independently
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, or related field and 2 years’ experience in product management, project management, management consulting, retail or eCommerce business functions, or related field OR 4 years’ experience in project management, management consulting, retail or eCommerce business functions, or related fields.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis, Gathering, identifying, defining, and communicating requirements., Leading product or solution developmentMasters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Science, Masters: Engineering General