Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
What you'll do...
This position, Software Engineer II, will be on the Walmart International Data and Analytics team, focused on building Walmart's International Data Lake. The team has responsibility for supporting the data and analytics needs or our customers and business partners in all the markets Walmart operates in. Working on the team, you will have the opportunity to…
- Work with business and application partners to research data lineage and build data pipelines to populate the Hadoop Data Lake.
- Work with small teams of talented data engineers focused on delivering Big Data technology solutions.
- Solve difficult business problems using the latest and greatest technology and innovating the future of data and analytics at Walmart.
- Be given the freedom to try new things and prove the value of your own ideas and innovations and own them all the way to production.
- Participate in internal hackathons and innovation challenges!
- Understanding of Agile, Scrum, and Continuous Improvement methodologies
- 1-2 years’ experience with Hadoop/Hive.
- 1-2 years’ experience with programming languages like Python, Scala or Java.
- Experience working with relational database systems and deep understanding of SQL.
- Experience performing ETL activities.
- Knowledge of cloud-based systems including Infrastructure as a Service and Platforms as a Service
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science OR 4 years' experience in software engineering
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Customer Care, Customer Service, Project Management, Retail Operations, Support, Technical Strategy, Troubleshooting