Customer Science group consists of trusted, influential, proactive consultants & data scientists. We provide actionable insights and personalization solution that enable Walmart to deliver on its core purpose. We translate the voice of the customer on the company’s most important initiatives. This includes understanding what they want now as well as in the future, and monitoring progress. We create or acquire capabilities that broaden influence and allow decision makers to make a more customer-centric decision. We provide the customer perspective synthesized from multiple sources of data – sales, click stream, marketing, operations, customer care, services, 3rd party data, etc... We use big data eco-systems in Google Cloud Platform and on-premise Hadoop clusters.
- Design single view of customer product to accelerate analytics and machine learning with data science and customer analytics experience
- Gather requirement and understand need from business partners across organizations for single view of customer
- Understand data structures and usages of different customer data assets from different technology areas to plan single view of customer development
- Development statistical measurement process to evaluate customer mapping algorithms
- Support 3rd party data acquisition by reviewing and assessing new external data asset using statistical analytics. Drive proof of concept of new data capabilities
- Ensures adherence to data standards and compliance policies
- Owns KPI and metric definitions, resolves ambiguities, and ensures proper metric is used
- Establishes data quality requirements, monitors data quality trends, defines SLAs, and works with data engineers and data producers to resolve and prevent data issues
- Lead data scientists and engineers and build data science roadmap for single view of customer development
- Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, or related field and 2 years experience in product management, or related field OR 5 years experience in product management, or related fields.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
-A Master in Statistics, Computational Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Econometrics, Electrical Engineering, or a related quantitative field with minimum 3 years of data analytics experiences and 5 years of product development experiences
-Experience with statistical analysis and modeling and related software tools, such as R/Python.
-Experience with data mining and machine learning
-Experience in using customer profile data from brick & mortar data and online data
-Experience in mapping customer profiles from differences to each customer using probabilistic model
-Working knowledge of Relational Database Systems and SQL
-Experience with Google Cloud and Azure
-Experience with Big Data distributed computing tools, such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark
Over fifty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world's biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: helping our customers save money so they can live better. When you join our Walmart family of brands (Sam's Club, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos and many more!), you'll play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. Our associates have championed causes like U.S. job expansion, responsible global sourcing, female entrepreneur empowerment, and much, much more, establishing Walmart as a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. What could you accomplish with Walmart?