Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
What you'll do...
The International Audit, Risk and Controls Solutions team creates audit, risk, controls and business continuity / disaster recovery capabilities for International to enable technology governance, compliance and ongoing operations within each International market and to achieve business goals in an accurate, reliable, legitimate, and safe and secure way.
This position (Senior Software Engineer) will be focused on assessing, designing, building and building central and consistent software solutions, processes and best practices to remediate and prevent gaps in conformance to technology controls and standards as well as incorporating resilience into the software solutions for availability and disaster recovery – either directly or through influencing and leading others.
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short and long term solutions and timeline; reviewing and providing feedback for proposed solutions; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
- Provides support to the business by responding to user's questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); identifying short- and long-term solutions; facilitating resolutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, project management, business and user experience teams; and obtaining cross-function approvals.
Ideal candidate would have the following preferred skills:
- Systems engineering experience with one or more of the following operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Linux, Unix, z/OS
- Software engineering experience with one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, Ruby, Python, C#
- Experience with relational databases (such as SQL Server, DB2), SQL and database connectors
- Systems and/or software experience with cloud computing and virtualization services and software
- Experience integrating solutions with one or more of the following tools: Active Directory, PingID, SailPoint Identity IQ, ArcSight, ServiceNow, Microsoft Identity Manager, Access Steward, Centrify
- Experience in transforming and migrating legacy platform environment to cloud
- Experience in designing, testing and implementing disaster recovery plans and solutions
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for solving difficult, complex problems
- Desire and ability to drive continuous process improvement and innovation
- Excellent skills and ability to decompose a business problem into simple and extensible software solutions
- Strong thought leadership with ability to ‘connect the dots’: being able to apply previous experience and skills to new situations, understanding context, recognizing patterns, using both the rational mind and intuition, thriving in ambiguous situations
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to learn and adapt new technologies
Position requires 25% to our International locations.
Fluency in multiple languages is a plus (Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin)
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science 2 years' experience in software engineering
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Building system requirements, Information Technology, Project Management, Troubleshooting
Information Technology - CISCO Certification - Certification