Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
What you'll do...
The International Audit, Risk and Controls Solutions team creates audit, risk, controls and business continuity / disaster recovery capabilities for International to enable technology governance, compliance and ongoing operations within each International market and to achieve business goals in an accurate, reliable, legitimate, and safe and secure way.
This position (Software Engineer II) will be focused on assessing, designing, building and building central and consistent software solutions, processes and best practices to remediate and prevent gaps in conformance to technology controls and standards as well as incorporating resilience into the software solutions for availability and disaster recovery.
- Manages small to medium-sized complex team projects by reviewing and understanding project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; researching and identifying alternative solutions; determining needed solutions based on return on investment and value add to the business; gathering needed information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; communicating status and issues to appropriate team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross-functional teams; identifying areas of opportunity; interpreting information and identifying a solution; ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
- Provides support to the business for new and existing systems by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of own domain.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams when needed; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; and completing online documentation.
Ideal candidate would have the following preferred skills:
- Systems engineering experience with one or more of the following operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Linux, Unix, z/OS
- Software engineering experience with one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, Ruby, Python, C#
- Experience with relational databases (such as SQL Server, DB2), SQL and database connectors
- Systems and/or software experience with cloud computing and virtualization services and software
- Experience integrating solutions with one or more of the following tools: Active Directory, PingID, SailPoint Identity IQ, ArcSight, ServiceNow, Microsoft Identity Manager, Access Steward, Centrify
- Experience in transforming and migrating legacy platform environment to cloud
- Experience in designing, testing and implementing disaster recovery plans and solutions
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for solving difficult, complex problems
- Desire and ability to drive continuous process improvement and innovation
- Excellent skills and ability to decompose a business problem into simple and extensible software solutions
- Strong thought leadership with ability to ‘connect the dots’: being able to apply previous experience and skills to new situations, understanding context, recognizing patterns, using both the rational mind and intuition, thriving in ambiguous situations
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to learn and adapt new technologies
Position requires 25% to our International locations.
Fluency in multiple languages is a plus (Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin)
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science OR 4 years' experience in software engineering
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Customer Care, Customer Service, Project Management, Retail Operations, Support, Technical Strategy, Troubleshooting