Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
What you'll do...
- Develops and manages company project specifications, guidelines, and construction documents for systems and components by incorporating best practices and standards ; directing consultant base; overseeing correction of errors and procedures; and managing the consultant base relationship.
- Oversees prototype development and maintenance by directing the professional consulting and systems supplier base; identifying new areas of systems applications; providing liaison support between consulting base and the associated Walmart operators in order to address new format objectives ; and reviewing the quality prototype documents .
- Directs HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and controls systems design development and ongoing design maintenance for building systems by implementing appropriate systems into new building design; investigating existing building systems for retrofit strategies; and developing new technology initiatives for new and existing mechanical and electrical systems to reduce company energy and greenhouse gas footprint.
- Directs building sustainability in conjunction with company goals and financial criteria by seeking out and developing new technologies and products; and evaluating and validating retrofit strategies for existing building systems .
- Manages department initiatives to capitalize on purchasing opportunities by identifying common technologies and applications for energy systems; collecting, assimilating systems designs and equipment for other formats ; and distributing best practices for all markets and countries
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field and 3 years’ experience in engineering, electrical work, or a related area OR 5 years’ experience in engineering, electrical work, or a related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Other: Engineering General
Utility - Certified Energy Manager - Certification