Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
What you'll do...
The International Audit, Risk and Controls Solutions team creates audit, risk, controls and business continuity / disaster recovery capabilities for International to enable technology governance, compliance and ongoing operations within each International market and to achieve business goals in an accurate, reliable, legitimate, and safe and secure way.
This position (Systems Engineer II) will be focused on assessing, designing, building and building central and consistent systems solutions, processes and best practices to remediate and prevent gaps in conformance to technology controls and standards as well as incorporating resilience into the systems solutions for availability and disaster recovery.
- Participates in agile teams supporting systems engineering projects by collaborates with the project team to build systems engineering solutions; translates requirements into potential solutions based on existing options; develops solutions to meet business needs; collaborates with the project team to build systems engineering solutions; and ensures solutions align with the overall project design.
- Troubleshoots issues related to systems engineering solutions by serves as software operational support; researches and reviews reported issues; evaluates the impact to the business and executes tasks as designated in the action plan; performs root cause analysis to reduce future issues; and engages support teams when needed.
- Supports the daily operations for existing systems engineering solutions by performs maintenance and monitors the health and performance of systems engineering solutions; participates in the development and delivery of operational features and operations management systems and processes to accommodate growth and traffic on eCommerce websites; participates in systems testing; reviews logs in order to identify and document issues; executes daily requirements in order to ensure reliable and continued service; documents systems engineering processes and designs.
Ideal candidate would have the following preferred skills:
- Systems engineering experience with one or more of the following operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Linux, Unix, z/OS
- Software engineering experience with one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, Ruby, Python, C#
- Experience with relational databases (such as SQL Server, DB2), SQL and database connectors
- Systems and/or software experience with cloud computing and virtualization services and software
- Experience integrating solutions with one or more of the following tools: Active Directory, PingID, SailPoint Identity IQ, ArcSight, ServiceNow, Microsoft Identity Manager, Access Steward, Centrify
- Experience in transforming and migrating legacy platform environment to cloud
- Experience in designing, testing and implementing disaster recovery plans and solutions
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for solving difficult, complex problems
- Desire and ability to drive continuous process improvement and innovation
- Excellent skills and ability to decompose a business problem into simple and extensible software solutions
- Strong thought leadership with ability to ‘connect the dots’: being able to apply previous experience and skills to new situations, understanding context, recognizing patterns, using both the rational mind and intuition, thriving in ambiguous situations
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to learn and adapt new technologies
Position requires 25% to our International locations.
Fluency in multiple languages is a plus (Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin)
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science OR 2 years systems engineering experience or Master of Science
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.