- Builds technology roadmaps which are incorporated into system platforms by working with subject matter experts; collaborating with technical experts and Architects; coordinating the evaluation of Customer and supplier solutions; reviewing and presenting recommendations relative to Customer and supplier solutions and services; and researching and presenting information about new technologies.
- Design and implement tools and automation processes to scale build/test/release/monitoring and configuration efforts across multiple messaging products.
- Coordinates system changes with Customers and other system areas by ensuring testing and validation; overseeing upgrades and release schedules for products; evaluating the environment; representing the area on divisional councils; and reviewing changes before and after production installations.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Walmart Labs infrastructure and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet Customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Leads team tasks by making assignments to team members; reporting updates on projects; tracking and reporting time spent on projects; substituting for manager in manager's absence (for example, leading team meetings); holding team members accountable for compliance with standards; and recognizing team accomplishments.
- Leads the development of system solutions, within the guidelines identified in the Information Systems Development Life Cycle (ISDLC), that have high availability and scalability consistent with Customer needs by setting technical direction; collaborating with technical experts and architects; ensuring requirements are met to support implementations; ensuring development of system documentation; and leading solution reviews.
- Mentors and develops Associates by assigning specific work to develop particular knowledge areas; helping Associates with technical competencies; teaching technologies through informal and formal mentorship both inside and outside the team; providing technical expertise through multiple methods (for example, town halls, classrooms, collaboration sites); and providing subject matter expertise for applications and infrastructure projects. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years of experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years of experience in software engineering or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years of experience in software engineering or related field.
- Significant Java development experience with working knowledge of OSGI
- Experience designing technical solutions in response to customer requests or changes in business needs.
- Experience designing, leading, and implementing small- to medium-scale technology projects.
- Experience in production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations.
- Experience troubleshooting and recommending technical solutions.
- Preference to candidates with experience in the below technologies:
- Development experience with JMS, Angular, React
- Development experience in C/C++
- Apache NiFi/HDF, Apache ActiveMQ
- Web UI and REST Services (reporting and administrative tools for systems)
- Debugging skills and support experience on various messaging products along with Solution Design on messaging products.
- Ability to design & build technical in-house based solutions which are highly available and scalable.
- Cloud, OneOps, Azure knowledge is a plus.
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.