- Demonstrates, promotes, and supports compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Develops project management practices
- Develops, communicates, and implements processes and practices to meet business needs
- Ensures project manager development and continued successful performance
- Leads and participates in teams
- Leads the development of eCommerce projects and programs
- Manages geographically distributed teams, off-shore development teams and third-party vendors (for example, software vendors, hardware vendors, photo vendors, content providers)
- Manages multiple highly complex projects (for example, system integrations) or a large complex Global eCommerce program
This role will be focused on Walmart US store systems and store operations program delivery. Technology drives almost every aspect of Walmart stores and we are constantly striving to improve existing systems or add new capabilities. The candidate will be responsible for orchestrating large and complex projects across numerous teams, ultimately focused on improving associate or customer experience in our stores. The products and capabilities delivered impact hundreds of millions of Americans every year! Come join our team and help us save people money so they can live better!
- Bachelor of Science and 5 years' technical program management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' technical program management experience OR 9 years' technical program management experience.
• Interacts with key Business Stakeholders, Engineering/Product Leaders, and Executive sponsors
• Leads the development of complex eCommerce / Retail / Software Development projects
• Manages geographically distributed teams, off-shore development teams and third-party vendors (for example, software vendors, hardware vendors, photo vendors, content providers)
• Manages multiple highly complex projects (for example, migrations and system integrations) or a large complex Global eCommerce program in an Agile environment
• 5 years experience in technical program management, managing complex enterprise software application development projects through entire Development Lifecycle, from business requirements planning, through defining scope, building project plans and release schedules, to user acceptance and production deployment.
• Technical Aptitude e.g. former developer
• Candidate should have experience coordinating delivery across infrastructure, application, security, networking, and other technology teams to deliver business results
• Candidate should have exceptional communication skills and executive presence
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• A background in retail is not required but would be helpful
• Familiar with Scaling Agile Development e.g. “Enterprise” Agile vs team level scrum
• Familiar with Component Teams / SOA – Service Oriented Architecture
• Experience in a CI / CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery) environment
• Develops Program Management best practices
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.