Are you an information management professional looking for a change? Dillard’s is looking for an enthusiastic MS SQL Server database administrator to join our team.
The primary focus of this position is to administrate multiple MS SQL Server implementations running on Windows supporting store, buyer, and third party applications. Alternate focuses are data governance, best practices, and research of new database technologies.
You’ll get the opportunity to work alongside a great group of DBAs, as well as, regularly interact and collaborate with the other IT teams on assignments making a difference for our business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure required database resources are available to business users and application programming staff.
- Instance and Database Tuning.
- Logical and Physical modeling and design.
- SQL Tuning.
- Provide technical direction to application programming staff.
- Backup and Recovery.
- Work with system programming staff to plan and implement maintenance, upgrades, and migrations.
- Research and planning related to new technologies, application rewrites, and implementation of new applications.
- Data Governance.
- An emphasis on the automation of redundant and repetitive practices.
- Keep abreast of current industry best practices.
- Placement in on-call rotation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to work onsite at Corporate Headquarters in Little Rock, AR.
- 4+ years of MS SQL Server administrator experience.
- MS SQL Server 2012 or later administration experience.
- Strong SQL language programming and tuning skills.
- Self motivated individual.
- Ability to work well with a group and independently.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more programming languages, preferably Visual Basic or C#.
- Some Windows Server 2012 or later/Windows 10 administrative knowledge.
- Work well under pressure and be able to thrive in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Ability to deal with frequent interruptions.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven research skills.
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- 5+ years of IT experience.
- DB2 for LUW administrator experience.
- MS SQL Server Always On Cluster experience.
- MS SQL Server Encryption (i.e. TDE) experience.