Arkansas Center for Data Sciences (ACDS) Developer Apprentice Program is a full-time paid job opportunity for opportunity for passionate, aspiring software engineers from a non-traditional background to gain the knowledge, tools, and skills to thrive as a software engineer.
An apprenticeship is all about learning. We’re seeking candidates who have the following requirements, but we know you’re just getting your career started, and the program with help you learn and grow. If you’ve had some experience with coding or development in the past, you’re exactly the type of candidate we’re looking for.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to) COBOL, PL/1, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net.
- Basic Understanding of RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle.
- Basic understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., OO).
- Experience using (or an understanding of the use of) an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio).
- Understanding of quality and security standards. Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic programming skills
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Must have the ability to work in the United States without a current or future need for visa sponsorship.
- Must have personal drive and eagerness to learn.
- Good Communication skills is a must.
Who should apply?
- Recent (or soon-to-be) graduates in one of the following: Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Assurance or other IT related program.
- Current company employees wanting a career change into development; Incumbent employees wanting to up-tool current skill set.
- Self-taught individuals passionate about a career in development.
- Service members within 6 months of military-to-civilian transition.
How does the interview process work? ACDS will conduct an initial phone interview and assessment. ACDS will send selected resumes to companies that match the candidate’s skills and interest. Our corporate partner companies will decide which resumes to bring in for an onsite interview with the IT manager. Company selects final candidate for job offer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Candidates must have the ability to work in the United States without a current or future need for visa sponsorship. No relocation is available for this position.
Learn more about us @ www.acds.co & socialize with us on Facebook & LinkedIn.