Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
What you'll do...
- Supports basic and complex infrastructure systems by monitoring alerts, problem tickets, operations, customer and help desk requests, and e-mails; collecting documentation to troubleshoot problems (for example, collecting dumps, error messages); assisting in the analysis of problem documentation; providing input to find solutions; minimizing impact of problems; involving suppliers as needed; communicating findings and status updates for customers; and carrying an on-call pager as needed.
- Identifies and develops Information Systems Division (ISD) systems within the guidelines identified in the Information Systems Development Life Cycle (ISDLC) by identifying requirements for writing, testing, and debugging programs and scripts; using commands, utilities, or control languages; participating in code reviews; creating and implementing test scripts and procedures; implementing third-party software or hardware solutions; and compiling and reviewing documentation.
- Ensures the development of team member's skills and abilities by providing support to less experienced team members; providing training to others on technical competencies and team processes; receiving training from team members, job assignments, classroom, technical books, and other readings; and identifying and sharing recommended improvements.
- Initiates action based on information from system monitors by recommending and adjusting the system in accordance with procedures; using established escalation procedures; and engaging the suppliers as required.
- Participates in team tasks by receiving assignments from experienced team members or project leads; giving updates on assignments; tracking and reporting time spent on projects; contributing in team meetings and discussions; reviewing and revising team documentation; and documenting and presenting new information to the team.
Additional Job Description
- Operational Support - Provide operational support of backup environments, maintaining ownership and improving technical knowledge; Participate in development and deployment of cost effective, operationally supportable solutions that meet complex customer requirements and SLAs; Provide technical assistance to all internal/external customers during environment outages; Provision, configure, tune and manage backup infrastructure components; Plan and perform maintenance activity when required; Perform after-hours support in an on-call rotation as needed; Provide world-class customer support and technical expertise for Walmart customers; Execute incident response and break-fix triage process for backup related issues; Report operational service metrics with actionable plans to improve operational efficiency, enhance service quality/SLA, and optimize delivery; Execute data recovery and disaster recovery procedures; Validate compliance to infrastructure security standards; Execute and improve vulnerability and resiliency management strategies, including: patching, reboots, infrastructure testing, and other proactive maintenance tasks; Monitor infrastructure capacity and performance daily; Escalate performance and stability issues; Review and track root cause analysis and preventive action items; Ensure SOX access control and enterprise access control activities executed per policy; Manage daily operations ensuring backups occur within customers Recovery Point Objective (RPO) & Recovery Time Objective (RTO); Provide Case/Ticket Management; Assist with task automation where applicable.
- Document/Learning - Maintain knowledge of multiple technologies as shared environments, as well as customer dedicated environments; Provide clear technical documentation and written procedures to ensure all support team members can assist in all phases of data protection management across different device types; Create documentation and provide education to support teams for new products and features; Ensure runbooks are in place that define day-to-day support, maintenance, troubleshooting knowledge-base of the infrastructure.
- Influencing - Build and maintain relationships with key customer’s technical staff members and with internal stakeholders; Provide suggestions to improve the delivery of services by the team; Execute and provide feedback for operational policies, procedure, processes and standards; Partner with key vendor providers to escalate and troubleshoot severity issues; Manage, communicate, and deliver all steady state issues to leadership; Review and present operational metrics explaining business impact and risk; Review environment and provide recommendations; Provide informal knowledge transfer; Recommend and assist with monitoring and alerting.
- This position will require technical systems knowledge in areas (OS, Oracle, SQL, etc..) outside the backup environment to be able to support & optimize backup & recovery. Understanding of similar backup technologies, is a plus.
- The right candidate will be an empowered self-starter, familiar with working in a fast pace environment. The position will have the responsibility of working with customers, vendors, technical support teams, development teams, and technology infrastructure teams.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: 1 years systems engineering experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Design, Manufacturing, Programming Languages, Troubleshooting, Working with TeamForge