Our team sits at the heart of supply chain and we are responsible for the movement of inventory across thousands of nodes ( DC’s, FC’s, and Stores). If you want impact? The systems you get to help design and lead are responsible for more than 500M inventory decision. This decisions help ensure we have product when and where are customers want them. You want a challenge? Come join a team that is merging digital and physical, building real-time systems at scale, responding quicker to changes in the supply chain and creating a more efficient flow of inventory. You want technology? Whether you’re in to large scale data problems, algo’s, BE, FE, etc.. we are working with all the latest technologies including Java / Spring, React/Redux, Spark, Kafka, etc. all deployed in either a private or public cloud environment.
- Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Manages small to large-sized complex projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science and 2 years experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years experience in software engineering or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience building, adopting and maintaining RESTful API’s
- Experience with API’s, micro-services, and event based systems
- Experience in Azure cloud architecture and deployments
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
Over fifty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world's biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: helping our customers save money so they can live better. When you join our Walmart family of brands (Sam's Club, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos and many more!), you'll play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. Our associates have championed causes like U.S. job expansion, responsible global sourcing, female entrepreneur empowerment, and much, much more, establishing Walmart as a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. What could you accomplish with Walmart?