Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
What you'll do...
- Manages products, services, and operations for assigned business areas by developing and executing strategies to meet sales forecasts; identifying potential efficiencies; implementing corrective actions; ensuring end-to-end functional and fulfillment testing of new products for all delivery methods; managing day-to-day activities of third-party suppliers; reviewing the site and developing strategies to improve the customer experience ; monitoring and defining strategies to act on customer feedback; and providing strategic and operational recommendations to senior staff and cross-functional/third party partners.
- Manages the product or service assortment and delivery channels by creating and evaluating financial reports to analyze business results and identifying actions to drive incremental sales; collaborating with suppliers and counterparts to source new product or service assortment; optimizing product assortment; collecting, segmenting, and analyzing information related to product performance, trends, forecasts, competitors, and industry changes; conducting price and contract negotiation with suppliers; developing strategies for promotional activities; and influencing senior management on strategy, pricing, product development, and marketing efforts.
- Oversees alignment across multiple cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives by partnering with legal, finance, product development, marketing, site merchandising, project management, and third party partners; negotiating contracts; interfacing with third party executive leadership to represent departmental strategic direction ; communicating with stakeholders on key business initiatives to ensure buy-in ; and working with marketing and site partners to develop strategies.
- Manages strategy for multiple or complex departments or categories by obtaining buy-in from department leaders; compiling and analyzing industry sales and trend information; reviewing competitor strategies, data, and industry information; identifying potential changes in the business; collaborating with and influencing suppliers, third party partners, cross-functional partners, and executive-level Walmart management to develop and deliver strategies and plans for category growth (for example, pricing, product development, marketing); and presenting business strategies to senior leadership.
- Drives the product discovery process for large, complex, and/or ambiguous projects by collaborating with the business, user experience, and engineering teams during discovery to assess value, usability, and feasibility of product features; specifying, prioritizing, and communicating high level and detailed product specifications; and using written specifications, business rules, flows, cases, and user experience generated deliverables.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Project Management, Information Technology, or related field and 4 years’ experience in project management, product management, information systems, operations management, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in project management, product management, information systems, operations management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.