What you'll do...
This role is responsible for transforming the retail experience within Sam’s Club for Members and Associates across all areas of the club. As Senior Manager of Product Management (In-Club Technology) you will lead technology and process-based projects that will simplify club operations, drive sales, and reduce club expenses. Projects can range from exploring inventory optimization solutions to implementing shared features amongst new and existing mobile applications.
- Learns about cutting-edge technology concepts and their application in the retail environment, including but not limited to – artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, robotic process automation, Virtual/Augmented reality.
- Crafts and develops solutions to business challenges by communicating requirements to key partners (for example, Business leaders, User Experience, Engineering, Analytics); and engaging with key partners to deliver and support initiatives; and communicating status and insights related to product performance.
- Develops and enhances highly complex products by developing and managing product roadmaps; gathering and documenting requirements; collecting and analyzing customer and product data; turning customer insights into actionable priorities and initiatives; prioritizing product backlog; executing on user and business acceptance criteria; and managing roll out of product features.
- Defines and manages strategy and business objectives for highly complex products by identifying market opportunities, conducting benchmark studies and competitive assessments; developing business cases; and setting objectives and key performance indicators for products.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, or related field and 2 years’ experience in product management, or related field OR 5 years’ experience in product management, or related fields.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis, Gathering, identifying, defining, and communicating requirements., Leading product or solution development
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Science, Masters: Engineering General