The ideal candidate is a full stack developer who is familiar with each layer but with focus in iOS/Android Application development. The engineer should have genuine interest in all software technology and will be directly responsible for design, development, testing, maintenance, and documentation of high-quality software components developing web, software, or mobile applications. Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies. Ability to grow and collaborate with other engineers through code reviews, design reviews, and over-the-shoulder debugging.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years of experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years of experience in software engineering or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years of experience in software engineering or related field.
- 4+ years work experience with Java
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field – or equivalent experience
- Fluency with object oriented design, data structures and multithreaded algorithms
- Git, GitHub & SourceTree
- Backend Language experience with microservices/SoA
- Databases and Web Storage experience (noSQL or SQL)
- HTTP & REST overall concepts and best practices
- Cloud experience Azure or similar
- Web Architecture experience
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.