• Ability to engage with business stakeholders, manage engineers and deliver quality outcomes.
• Provide tactical and strategic solutions to meet business needs without compromising on engineering standards
• Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
• Fosters high-performance team culture by building careers for engineers
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
• Ensures business needs are being met
• Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
• Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
• Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• Supports business objectives
• Troubleshoots business and production issues
• Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
- One year of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years experience in software engineering or related field OR Six years experience in software engineering or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and three years experience in software engineering or related field.
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.