What you'll do...
- Guides business strategy efforts by providing expertise in the strategic planning process; ensuring global focus for Engineering; maintaining knowledge of and a vision for the business, business strategies, and objectives; and ensuring architects design and deliver organizational initiatives that align with the organization's direction.
- Leads hardware or software technology projects by gathering system requirements and project timelines; tracking and completing ad hoc requests to meet due dates; following documented processes; reviewing and prioritizing technology requirements; coordinating with cross-functional teams; and communicating issues and project status to stakeholders.
- Demonstrates and proves hardware or software technology concepts to other architects and management by designing and developing prototypes; working with engineers to develop prototypes; and presenting prototypes and technology concepts to other architects and management.
- Improves the hardware or software technology environment by utilizing industry research; researching the latest developments in hardware or software technology applicable to the enterprise; analyzing industry best practices; and benchmarking internal processes and solutions against industry technology and trends.
- Assists in the development of engineers and architects by serving as a mentor to engineers; and training and providing guidance to architects.
- Leads hardware or software technology strategy development and implementation by selecting and defining technology for competitive advantage; establishing architectural governance; cultivating support from division management and Architecture teams; coordinating divisional strategic initiatives; and formulating business usage and delivery of technology solutions.
- Influences the direction of Engineering within the organization by setting and presenting the vision of future hardware or software architecture relevant to the direction of business goals and Engineering.
- Oversees the development of conceptual, logical, or physical hardware or software application designs by ensuring the integration of multiple processes (for example, business, application, technology, information); and conducting research and setting or adopting industry standards In collaboration with others (for example, peers, colleagues).
- Identifies and implements strategies for service enabled technologies (for example, service oriented architecture) by defining a set principles and methodologies for designing and developing software in the form of interoperable services; defining business functionalities that are built as software components; and integrating widely disparate applications for a Web-based environment using multiple implementation platforms.
- Develops and implements product development strategies using Agile development processes by using iterative and incremental development processes; collaborating between self-organizing, cross-functional teams for requirements and solutions; and promoting adaptive planning, evolutionary development and delivery for rapid and flexible response to change.
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree and 6 years’ experience in building scalable software applications or related field OR 8 years’ experience in building scalable
technical solutions or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Building Scalable technical solutions or related field
Masters: Other Technology