- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Develops and executes technical software development strategy for ecommerce applications and systems using current business roadmap
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Drives continuous process improvement and innovation
- Ensures product quality
- Executes engineering projects
- Provides overall direction
- Reduces customer impact (for example, sales loss) due to applications systems issues
- 3 years supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 6 years experience in software engineering or related field OR 8 years experience in software engineering or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years experience in software engineering or related field.
Over fifty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world's biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: helping our customers save money so they can live better. When you join our Walmart family of brands (Sam's Club, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos and many more!), you'll play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. Our associates have championed causes like U.S. job expansion, responsible global sourcing, female entrepreneur empowerment, and much, much more, establishing Walmart as a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. What could you accomplish with Walmart?
@WalmartLabs is the technical powerhouse behind Walmart Global eCommerce. We employ big data at scale -- from machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms, to modeling and analyzing massive flows of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce. We don’t just engineer cool websites, mobile apps, and new services; we use our own open source tools to create the framework. Deployment is automated and accelerated through our open cloud platform. This makes us incredibly nimble and able to adjust in real-time to our global customers.