- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science and 3 years experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years experience in software engineering or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years experience in software engineering or related field.
- 4+ years of full-stack developer experience using Python/Django
- Specialization in code testing and development life-cycles
- Distinct passion for code testing
- Demonstrated ability developing secure code
- Capable of supporting developed code with outstanding documentation
- Additional experience as a front-end developer using React/JS
- Optional skills in AI/ML with a focus on Natural Language Processing
- Capabilities in data visualization using Tableau
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
@WalmartLabs is the technical powerhouse behind Walmart Global eCommerce. We employ big data at scale -- from machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms, to modeling and analyzing massive flows of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce. We don’t just engineer cool websites, mobile apps, and new services; we use our own open source tools to create the framework. Deployment is automated and accelerated through our open cloud platform. This makes us incredibly nimble and able to adjust in real-time to our global customers.