- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports business objectives
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science and 4 years experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years experience in software engineering or related field.
• 7+ years experience creating and presenting technical strategies and technical solution recommendations.
• 7+ years experience designing and implementing technical solutions.
• Experience with Enterprise Integration Patterns and SOA principles
• Experience with Build Automation (Maven + Jenkins + Nexus)
• Strong Object Oriented Design and Programming
• Understanding of Design Patterns
• Strong development experience with JAVA and Java based development frameworks and technologies
• Experience working on Linux/Unix platform and scripting experience (e.g., bsh, csh, python, etc.)
• Exposure to PERL, Ruby, Shell, PowerShell, Python and Configuration Management (CCM)
• Strong experience developing Services including APIs, micro services and Web Services
• Ability to communicate and interact with technical and non-technical associates and customers
• Experience with cloud development, design and deployment
• Experience with JAVA, Java script, Angular, Camel, Tomcat, Spring,
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years experience in software engineering or related field.
Experience with Big Data/Event processing/IOT architecture and Design patterns ( eg : kapa, Lambda etc)
Big Data (Cassandra, Hadoop),
Streaming (Kafka, Storm),
Analytics (Spark, Map reduce),
Open Source Visualization tools ( ELK – Elastic Search & Kibana), Java, Scala,
Experience with Operating/trouble shooting on the Cloud ( Openstack &/Or Azure)
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
@WalmartLabs is the technical powerhouse behind Walmart Global eCommerce. We employ big data at scale -- from machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms, to modeling and analyzing massive flows of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce. We don’t just engineer cool websites, mobile apps, and new services; we use our own open source tools to create the framework. Deployment is automated and accelerated through our open cloud platform. This makes us incredibly nimble and able to adjust in real-time to our global customers.