- Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Manages small to large-sized complex projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science and 2 years experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years experience in software engineering or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Over fifty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world's biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: helping our customers save money so they can live better. When you join our Walmart family of brands (Sam's Club, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos and many more!), you'll play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. Our associates have championed causes like U.S. job expansion, responsible global sourcing, female entrepreneur empowerment, and much, much more, establishing Walmart as a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. What could you accomplish with Walmart?
@WalmartLabs is the technical powerhouse behind Walmart Global eCommerce. We employ big data at scale -- from machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms, to modeling and analyzing massive flows of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce. We don’t just engineer cool websites, mobile apps, and new services; we use our own open source tools to create the framework. Deployment is automated and accelerated through our open cloud platform. This makes us incredibly nimble and able to adjust in real-time to our global customers.
Walmart’ Supply Chain Technology works on one of the most sophisticated and complex supply chain network that involves solving the complex challenges of Walmart’s scale. In order to provide the best shopping experience for our customers we strive for excellence in keeping our stores shelves full of inventory. Our supply chain technology teams are responsible for building the most advanced and optimized applications that enables the freight movement seamlessly.
Do you want to build software that impacts millions of customers who shops every day at Walmart? We are looking for talented software engineers with excellent problem-solving skills to drive the development of large scale, highly available, fault tolerant and distributed systems using the most advanced technologies available.