Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning. Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent. Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy. Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
What you'll do...
- Oversee Energy, Utilities & Sustainability planning, forecasting, reporting, back office, compliance and SOX control functions
- Directs the development, implementation, and execution of back office & project governance
- Directs sustainable and renewable energy opportunities and initiatives by developing overall strategies, identifying, reviewing, intervening, and participating in state and federal policy and regulatory proceedings
- Provide direction on Utility and Sustainability strategic initiatives for all facility types within the company including business case development, review, and performance analysis
- Calculating estimated cost savings and return on investment, preparing proposals for implemented energy efficiency procedures; researching, educating, and coordinating energy interdepartmental and external agency saving efforts and providing energy consumption data during facility planning and construction phases
- Lead pilots for centralized facilities maintenance including strategy, KPI development, pilot launch, and performance analysis
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the payment of the company's utility bills
- Oversees the reduction and management of energy and utility expenses in the assigned region by implementing and directing energy saving programs
- Directing the development and maintenance of the tracking system for reporting progress in renewable or sustainable energy legislation and regulation proceedings involving Walmart
- Leverage Walmart’s Energy team IoT to build processes for creating shadow bills and creating digital twins for identifying billing and operational issues creating $100M/yr of savings
- Manage a team of 8 direct reports
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business, Finance, or related field and 5 years’ experience in utility operations or related area OR 7 years’ experience in utility operations or related area. 1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Building technology platforms, Negotiating Skills, Operations, Project Management
Masters, Masters: Business, Masters: Finance
Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Utility - Certified Energy Manager - Certification