Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
What you'll do...
This is a place where personal and professional growth happens. A place where tech-forward careers don’t equate to fast burnout or self-serving advancement. As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll work as a team, grow as a team, leveraging your natural curiosity and inventive problem-solving talents to anticipate the needs of our customers before they walk in the door. In turn, we give you access to the tools and support you need to be the best version of you. This is that place. This is Walmart.
As the newest member of the Product Management team, you can expect to turn a large business challenge, internal search, into a solution to create novel products for the largest company on Earth. You’ll be pioneering an internal search program that reinvents the associate experience.
A natural leader, you will act as the leader of a cross-functional team consisting of Product, Business Strategy, Tech, UX, Engineering, and Data Scientists to solve these monumental problems on a global scale.
If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Product Manager role at Walmart could be the fit you’ve been looking for. This is that place.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re able to use metrics to improve performance
- You’re excited about solving complex challenges
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You’re comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, and communicating clearly
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your product
You’ll make an impact by:
- Developing and enhancing products – you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
- Defining vision and strategies for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
- Crafting and developing solutions to large business challenges – communicate business and customer needs to key partners to implement products and timelines
- Driving business plans and projects by identifying the customer and operational needs of the product
- Building a team environment by selecting, training, and mentoring
- Evaluating the effectiveness of your products and initiatives to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness with participating stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications or a related field and 4 years’ experience in product management, or related field OR 6 years’ experience in product management or a related field
- 2 years’ experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or related fields.
- 6 years’ experience in leading product or solution development
- Education or experience in a technical field.
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' product management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' product management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.