The Omni Inventory team’s mission is to enable a seamless inventory experience for customers and associates both online and in-store. We optimize inventory functions such as replenishment, sourcing and flow of goods into warehouses and stores by providing highly accurate, real-time inventory levels. We maximize the inventory available to sell to on-line customers while minimizing nil-picks, substitutions and offer rejections.
Come join a team that provides a great opportunity to work on skill building technologies at scale. The Omni Inventory team has made contributions to open source Kafka and recently presented at the 2019 Kafka Summit on the utilization of the streaming technology to process 600 million inventory events per day.
Candidate responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years of experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years of experience in software engineering or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years of experience in software engineering or related field.
- 2 years’ experience with big data, streaming and cloud technologies including but not limited to:
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.