On the front line of our new program implementation, you have a unique opportunity to interact with cutting-edge hardware and software technology using a hands-on approach.
You will be responsible for hardware installation in the store and troubleshooting any hardware and software problems. This includes gathering equipment from the warehouse. As part of being in the store, you will have direct interactions with the store managers, store associates as well as customers. Gathering feedback and concerns to help prioritize the tech team’s backlog will be crucial.
- Creates and delivers presentations on project issues, status, change request and plans to diverse audiences (for example, managers, customers, suppliers, all stakeholders and project staff)
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Leads business Customers through project management processes in completing paperwork (for example, budgets, staffing plans, change management plans, document of understanding, scope statements, and other required artifacts)
- Manages the execution of small projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Participates in project planning while adhering to the Information Systems Development Life Cycle (ISDLC) for project management; defining the scope and objectives of project or program; working with business units to identify goals, success criteria, assumptions, risks, and known issues with the project or program; coordinating project planning activities (for example: business requirements, risk assessment, current and desired diagrams, target date) and assembling project management plans; developing staffing plans; ensuring project tasks are executed as defined in the project schedule in order to achieve the project goals; monitoring budgets and costs for projects; incorporating project changes (for example, scope, schedule, costs) into the project plans; and ensuring adherence to established quality standards for the Information Systems Division.
- Provides and supports project planning and implementation
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Bachelor of Science and 1 year's technical program management experience OR 4 years' technical program management experience.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Customer-centric and positive attitude
- Valid driver’s license and transportation
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to actively work in and around store fixtures which may involve being on the floor to get under the bottom shelf and on a ladder to reach higher shelves
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Over fifty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world's biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: helping our customers save money so they can live better. When you join our Walmart family of brands (Sam's Club, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos and many more!), you'll play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. Our associates have championed causes like U.S. job expansion, responsible global sourcing, female entrepreneur empowerment, and much, much more, establishing Walmart as a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. What could you accomplish with Walmart?
Store Nº8 is Walmart’s incubation arm. We're working on developing leapfrog capabilities that will transform the future of retail. We incubate and partner with entrepreneurs, early stage start-ups, VCs and academics to innovate across a wide variety of areas including virtual and augmented reality, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. We’re creating a portfolio of companies—currently including Jetblack, Spatial&, Intelligent Retail Lab, and more—acting as a force driving commerce forward.
Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action?
Employer Job Listing Link