Are you someone with new ideas, a solid technical background, and a desire to make a big impact in retail? Dillard’s is looking for experienced developers who enjoy solving business challenges with technology. Our supply chain development teams write applications to support our fulfillment center and distribution centers across the country.
Our Dillard’s IT team is based out of our Corporate Office in Little Rock, AR. We’re excited for new projects and opportunities with new fulfillment centers, 3rd party integrations with new sortation systems, and modernizing applications. We’re looking for developers to join our team who are motivated and who can help us get stuff done!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain Java and COBOL applications
- Ensure code changes are made in a timely and accurate manner, test changes, implement changes, and then follow up to ensure the desired results were achieved
- Estimate, research, and document application enhancements and problems
- Ensure all systems and 3rd party integrations are functioning properly
- Learn the business environment and collaborate with some of the nicest, smartest people (admittedly, we may be a bit biased)
- Participation in an on call rotation
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to work onsite at Corporate Headquarters in Little Rock, AR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years development experience
- Experience with JCL, COBOL, and CICS
- Experience with Java or Groovy/Grails
- Experience with relational databases, such as DB2
- Experience with front end technologies, including HTML
- Familiarity with continuous integration pipelines
- Work well under pressure, grasp new ideas quickly, and be able to thrive in a dynamic and diverse environment
- Ability to maintain a schedule driven project list while handling interruptions in a timely and effective manner
- Highly motivated, effective oral and written communicator with a positive attitude
- Experience with Groovy/Grails, Jquery, web sockets, MongoDB, TDD and QA testing tools.
- Willingness to travel to Dillard’s warehouses when needed
To apply, please submit a PDF of your resume and a PDF of your cover letter answering the following questions.
- Tell us why you’re interested in this position. What are you looking for in a career move?
- Give us your elevator pitch! Why are you a good fit for this position? What skills and abilities do you have that you feel make you qualified?
- We want to ensure we’re on the same page when it comes to compensation. What is your salary expectation (amount required to move forward with your application)? Is it negotiable?
- Our team works in our corporate office in Little Rock, AR. Are you local? If not, are you willing to relocate?