Are you someone with new ideas, a solid technical background, and a desire to make a big impact in retail? Dillard’s is looking for experienced developers who enjoy solving business challenges with technology. Our merchandising development team writes applications to support our merchants across the country.
Our Dillard’s IT team is based out of our Corporate Office in Little Rock, AR. We’re excited for new projects and opportunities to modernize our merchandising applications. We’re looking for developers to join our team who are motivated and who can help us get stuff done!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain applications primarily written in VB.NET
- Research problems, make accurate code changes in a timely manner, test all changes, and then follow up to ensure the desired results are achieved
- Estimate, research, and document application enhancements and problems
- Learn the business environment and collaborate with some of the nicest, smartest people (admittedly, we may be a bit biased)
- Participation in an on call rotation
- Authorization to work in the United States without Sponsorship
- Ability to work onsite at Corporate Headquarters in Little Rock, AR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in programming in VB.NET
- Experience with Visual Studio, TFS, and DB2
- Communication and professionalism are a must as you will be working with upper management, sometimes directly with VP’s
- Work well under pressure, grasp new ideas quickly and be able to thrive in a dynamic and diverse environment
- Ability to work a schedule driven project list as well as handle interruptions in a timely and effective manner
- Highly motivated team player, willing to work well in a group environment as well as function independently
- Knowledge and experience with Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise Edition, ADO.NET, ASP.NET Web Services, IIS, FarPoint, Unit Testing, XML, MongoDB
To apply, please submit a PDF of your resume and a PDF of your cover letter answering the following questions.
- Tell us why you’re interested in this position. What are you looking for in a career move?
- Give us your elevator pitch! Why are you a good fit for this position? What skills and abilities do you have that you feel make you qualified?
- We want to ensure we’re on the same page when it comes to compensation. What is your salary expectation (amount required to move forward with your application)? Is it negotiable?
- Our team works in our corporate office in Little Rock, AR. Are you local? If not, are you willing to relocate?