Are you someone with new ideas, a user focus, and a desire to make a big impact in retail? Dillard’s is looking for experienced designers who enjoy understanding user behaviors to design and develop simple, efficient, eloquent, and intuitive user experiences to support our customers, stores, and associates.
Our Dillard’s IT team is based out of our Corporate Office in Little Rock, AR. We’ve spent the last few years updating our store network and infrastructure, and are excited for the new applications we’re currently building that will provide new, more modern experiences for both our customers and associates. We’re looking for designers to join our team who are motivated and who can help us get stuff done!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in planning, designing, implementation and integration, testing, and successful deployment of software.
- Pursue an understanding of users, their goals, environments, and pain points. Apply knowledge to drive improvements in designs and increase user satisfaction in our products.
- Work to create a similar look throughout Dillard’s applications.
- Create intuitive user interactions and workflows, mockups, wireframes and prototypes.
- Assist in and apply user research through the entire product lifecycle.
- Clearly present and communicate research, design and design validation convincingly, both verbally and written, to peers and stakeholders.
- Research new techniques (Forums, Web Design, Best Practices, Layout, Visual Design, etc...) and apply to various Dillard’s applications.
- Collaborate with various teams to ensure effective UX execution and continuous improvement of methodologies, service offerings, products, and solutions.
- Teach and mentor others in developing these skills and maturing the UI/UX practice within the organization.
- Contribute to the design direction of the team, both tactically (technologies to use/avoid, designing high-performance UX, suggestions on technical implementation, etc) and strategically (design language, design guidelines, direction of the product, UX research, etc).
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to work onsite at Corporate Headquarters in Little Rock, AR
- Minimum of 2 years user research or designer experience
- Team oriented, open to new ideas and change, and detail oriented
- Not afraid to ask questions, and comfortable presenting information to groups
- An active listener, and good communicator who can build trust, establish rapport and paraphrase to show understanding
- Demonstrate good web design and development principles and best-practices as well as have an eye for user interaction, design and code maintainability
- Experience with Angular
- Proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or comparable software tools