What you'll do...
What you'll do:
- This candidate will help develop Kubernetes Platform as a Service offering on public cloud as well as support existing growing production K8s environments in DCs and Stores.
- Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects.
- Ensures business needs are being met.
- Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects.
- Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design.
- Leads the work of cross-functional groups of ten to twenty engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates.
- Supports business objectives.
- Eager to work on the line between Software Engineering and Systems Engineering.
- Curious and a step ahead when it comes to software trends.
- A natural leader who takes ownership of the team s deliveries.
- Willing to take responsibility for running an important part of our infrastructure.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience at a startup, mid- to large-sized corporation is required. The candidate must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Prior experience developing or working with Cloud-based technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, OpenStack, Cloud Foundry or other is highly desired.
- The candidate must have advanced working knowledge in one of the following languages: Golang (strongly preferred), C, C++, Scala, Java, Python or other.
- The candidate must have working knowledge in container and container management technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, other).
- Experience with data management and data integration technologies (Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, other) is desired.
We'd love to see:
- A track record of running large-scale systems
- Containerization experience especially Docker and Kubernetes
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.