What you'll do...
Sam’s Club is a membership-based retail warehouse club owned and operated by Walmart. With more than 600 physical clubs across different geographic region in US, Sam’s Club chain serves more than 50 million US members and is rated among the top retailers in US.
Our team is a part of Sam’s Club customer experience team @WalmartLabs. Our team is chartered with building services to facilitate a customer's entire shopping journey from shopping cart to order placement. Team is currently working on re-building complete service layer that manages shopping cart, checkout and order placement process from scratch. The new architecture needs to beat the performance of current services at the load of 5000+ order per minute.
How we achieve this, comes down to the team of smartest technologists from India & US focused on the entire suite of Club Fulfilment products at a massive scale. Technology is the backbone behind the entire platform enabling the massive cloud-scale Club fulfilment. Our Event Driven Fulfilment team built the next generation fulfilment platform for Sam’s.
Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; directing and reviewing design artifacts (for example, proof of concepts, prototypes); writing and developing code; overseeing software design; reviewing unit test cases; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; directing project team and cross functional teams; enhancing design to prevent recurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- You will be the responsible for scaling the next generation event driven fulfilment
- platform, that will drive the fortune #1 company's Club Fulfilment program, with a team
- of 10+ software engineers in US.
- You will work in our own internal open stack cloud, Azure, GCP, using several
- technologies including JAVA, spring, Kafka, Cassandra, Python, Elastic Search, etc.
- You will interact with product management in USA & India, Engineering teams in India.
- You will support business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities and drive resolution; partnering with the business to define priorities, identify short- and long-term solutions; and lead cross-functional partnership.
Lead a team of Frontend & Backend Engineers and Software developers to successfully build and deploy cutting edge fulfilment platform for consumption by different stakeholders.
- Help define Technical Roadmap and own the entire product delivery end to end.
- Work very closely with various business stakeholders at various location in US and India
- to drive the execution of multiple business plans and technologies
- Improve, optimize and identify opportunities for efficient software development
- Hire, Develop and Retain a strong team of backend and frontend software engineers.
- Exhibit strong leadership and communication skills to collaborate with product,
- engineering and management teams across different geographic locations
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of
- ethics and integrity.
- An Engineering Degree - B.E/B.Tech/MS in any stream – Computer Science preferred.
- 14+ years of relevant experience, Minimum of 3 years of experience with agile principles and practices. Experience in leading Scrum teams.
- Hands on experience in building scalable cloud native software platforms/applications
- Very strong understanding and experience in the area of software development lifecycle.
- Strong Java/J2EE development track record
- Strong understanding of CS Fundamentals, Data Structures, Algorithms and Problem Solving
- Technical mindset and product development driven experience and ability to deep dive on technical issues and provide guidance to the team.
- Exposure in Program Management, dependency and development tracking of the product across the teams.
- Passion for quick learning and adapting in a fast-paced global environment
- Strong sense of ownership, focus on quality, responsiveness, efficiency and innovation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Great communication skills, ability to work with other teams and people. Good stakeholder’s management skills.
- A proven track record for developing resilient, reliable & quality software.
- Ability to work with distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner
- Retail / E-Commerce background is an advantage
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) / PMP certification preferred.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate is an energetic, self-motivated individual focused on solving customer problems. He/she is a responsive team player who can proactively contribute for building technical strategies for applications and systems by promoting an
understanding of the technology and business roadmap. When you add the numbers, you will realize that this role will probably help influence the largest pool of customers anywhere in the world. If that gives you goose bumps – then you are the kind of candidate, we want! We offer an excellent benefits package including robust relocation assistance. See what Bentonville has to 0ffer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIkFrzIN9So&feature=youtu.be
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering OR
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.