Walmart Care Clinic, one of the fastest growing divisions of Walmart, is a primary care clinic, which encompasses diagnosis and treatment of chronic and acute illnesses, as well as preventative services, such as immunizations, physicals and additional health screening.
Walmart Care Clinics: https://www.walmart.com/cp/care-clinics/1224932
Sr. Director Service Integrations, Ops, & Transformation
You will be accountable for a large distributed engineering team, tasked with building and enhancing a market leading platform with key business partners on multiple continents with the purpose of providing the best digital experience to customers on-line and in-store. You will lead the design, architecture, and devops of cloud and mobile solutions along with co-development of new and innovative customer facing hardware solutions. This team supports customer and associate facing technology platforms including returns, fuel, electronic journal, item rule processing, release choreography, and client payment orchestration & processing. This people leader will be responsible for the technical mentorship and professional development of 150 engineers across two main geographies.
We believe in close collaboration to build products and services that meet our customer’s needs. The successful person in this role will be a student of the business, proactively recommending viable solutions that meet Walmart’s global needs. The best candidate will embrace our culture of servant leadership and cross-team collaboration; working closely with other senior leaders in shaping our strategy and execution. The role requires a visionary leader who loves technology and loves leading people – and will help us evolve as technology and customer needs constantly change.
• Technology: Hands on technologist with deep and broad technical capability, and an innate passion for technology. Software delivery experience.
• People Leadership and Talent Development: Lead a large team of software engineers and leaders. Develop and lead a high performing management team.
• Technical credibility with the engineering team and a proven ability to productively challenge current thinking.
• Industry: Retail, Tech and Ecommerce a plus. Understands market demands.
• Communication and Relationships: with a diverse set of global business partners
• Degree in a STEM field preferred
• Is a missionary, not a mercenary
• 6 years experience designing and implementing technical solutions using industry standard tools (for example, Java) and design patterns (for example, integration patterns).
• 5 years experience in the orchestration and acceptance of electronic payments. Strong ecosystem knowledge.
• Experience managing OS / Hardware lifecycle across multiple device platforms (scanners, scales, PED Devices, tablets, etc..)
• 6 years experience creating and presenting technical strategies and technical solution recommendations.
• 5 years experience leading cross-functional teams in information technology or related field.
• 4 years experience integrating new technologies or technical solutions into existing technology portfolio.
• 4 years experience using object-oriented design concepts.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 7 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 9 years' experience in software
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years' experience in software engineering