What you'll do...
- Leads the design and development of applications by assessing current applications to determine if they will meet business requirements; developing and providing guidance on technical requirements; determining needed resources; reviewing and prioritizing technology requirements; building, providing guidance on building prototype applications, including developing code; testing application functionality and quality; working with cross-functional teams to ensure solutions are stable, scalable, and sustainable; and managing close-loop feedback cycles to encompass customer and user comments and needs.
- Leads development, evaluation, and implementation of application standards and governance by researching and benchmarking industry standards; determining coding, software, hardware, and interface standards for application development; ensuring the implementation of standards; providing guidance on standards; reviewing and approving team members' application development work; and developing and implementing an internal control assessment and remediation approach.
- Manages business requirements and aligns the company strategy by collaborating with business partners to gather and evaluate needs and requirements; identifying technical requirements and specifications; developing business cases for unusual requests; collaborating with internal and external application developers and Walmart Technology; testing prototype applications with business partners to ensure requirements and needs are met; evaluating usage metrics in order to identify concerns or issues; and conducting technical support for applications in assigned area.
- Manages the execution of multiple application development projects by defining scope, objectives, and priorities of the project; coordinating and communicating project activities; executing tasks as defined in the schedule in order to achieve goals; collaborating with stakeholders to reduce impact of changes to the plans; and training stakeholders on application use to ensure application performance.
- Manages initiative support plans and resources maximize the ability to execute business initiatives easily and quickly by collaborating with business partners to develop materials and resources; creating, reviewing, and editing initiative support materials to increase implementation and initiative consistency; collaborating with subject matter experts to finalize material content; ensuring consistency and relevancy of implementation phases and timing; and tracking initiative support metrics and reporting results to leadership. Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Statistics, or related field and 3 years’ experience in reporting, analytics, data visualization, user experience, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in reporting, analytics, data visualization, user experience, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Database Management, Developing and Testing Applications, Information Technology, Programming Languages, Project Management, Retail Operations, Supervising Associates