The Arkansas Arts Center (AAC), located in Little Rock, AR, seeks a web designer with development experience to join the staff during an extraordinary transformation that includes the construction of a new state-of-the-art facility, scheduled to open in 2022. Designed by the renowned architecture firm, Studio Gang, the new facility will secure the Arkansas Arts Center’s position as one of the top cultural institutions in the state and region. The new Arts Center will feature state-of-the-art galleries, Museum School, theatre, lecture hall, outdoor event area, and other spaces to host programming, classes, and performances. The innovative Cultural Living Room, restaurant, store, and landscaped grounds will position the AAC as a cultural hub for Little Rock and the Delta region.
The Web Designer will drive innovation at the AAC by researching, developing, and implementing engaging new technology solutions across a variety of digital platforms and will work closely with Curatorial, Education, Performing Arts, Fundraising and Marketing Department staff to ensure the AAC’s online presence and digital offerings are relevant to the community and inspire thoughtful conversation and engagement with art and the Arts Center.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the vision and plan for the website, ensuring the site reflects best practices and aligns with the institution’s mission;
- Improves the creativity, effectiveness, and innovation of digital solutions, achieving institutional goal of increased online engagement;
- Collaboratively directs web development and design, integration, testing, implementation and maintenance for projects supporting visual arts, performing arts and art making;
- As a member of the marketing team, assists in the execution of quality graphic design, typography, page layout, UX/UI and responsive design for desktop and mobile;
- Supervises external vendors and maintains integrations from and to multiple APIs/third-party applications;
- Manages WordPress security and plug-in updates and patches, working closely with external solution providers on tickets and troubleshooting;
- Proactively provides actionable business intelligence and analysis for data collection, input, queries and reporting;
- Assists in supporting revenue generation through analytics and segmentation strategies;
- Other related duties, as needed.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in web design, development and content management
- Self-motivated to work independently but also thrives in a collaborative culture that encourages creativity and innovation
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor of Science or Arts or equivalent degree
- Experience with Excel, SQL, Google Analytics
- Experience with email automation systems such as MailChimp or WordFly
- Experience with enterprise CRM/eCommerce platforms such as Tessitura
- Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and Illustrator
Submit cover letter, resume and online portfolio to email@example.com