What you'll do...
Leads and participates in teams by using and sharing resources, information, and tools; determining customer needs and business priorities; coordinating and executing work assignments; providing advice, feedback, and support to ensure timelines and work quality are achieved; and modeling and helping others with how to adapt to change or new challenges. Develops, communicates, and implements processes and practices to meet business needs by collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; analyzing and applying information from multiple sources; monitoring progress and results; and identifying and addressing improvement opportunities. Demonstrates, promotes, and supports compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by explaining, guiding, and demonstrating how to apply these in executing business processes and practices; implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and assisting management with correcting ethical and compliance issues and problems.
- Maintains cable and telecommunication systems for company facilities by installing, repairing, programming, and upgrading systems according to company policies and procedures for cable and telecommunication systems; supporting Information Systems Division infrastructure systems (for example, telephony, over-head paging, satellite) for Walmart facilities; completing work within established timelines; and ensuring adherence to applicable local, state, and federal codes; and ensuring compliance of vendors.
- Maintains work area by keeping equipment rack accessible; cleaning, conducting inventory on, and storing assigned tools and test equipment; and maintaining vehicle maintenance records.
- Provides required paperwork by completing forms (for example, expense vouchers, weekly summaries, work orders); updating Remedy tickets (for example, service status, estimated arrival time and completion, root cause); completing daily or weekly issue logs; completing expense reports; and providing weekly issues reports regarding code compliance.
- Performs major and minor preventive maintenance and repairs on network, cabling, telephone and satellite systems by troubleshooting cabling system issues according to Services team procedures; tracing and removing abandoned cable; keeping cable neatly tied and bundled while maintaining safety standards; replacing damaged items, cleaning and maintaining electronic network and television equipment; and installing network, cabling, wireless, over-head paging, telephone, and satellite components.
- Assists in systems management by gathering capital expenditures lists, developing scopes of work to update network, cabling, wireless, over-head paging, telephone, and satellite systems; identifying other issues related to regular service; and learning about structured cabling and telecommunications equipment.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Valid driver's license or eligibility to obtain a valid driver's license.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.