What you'll do...
- Manages small agile teams or workstreams for systems engineering solutions by analyzes requirements based on project or business needs; partners with cross-functional teams to determine system requirements for systems application development; evaluates existing options and determines solutions that support business or project requirements; develops and implements project timelines; builds systems engineering solutions; and works with the project team to integrate systems engineering solutions with overall project designs.
- Troubleshoots issues related to systems engineering solutions by serves as software operational support and provides subject matter expertise; researches and reviews reported issues; develops and implements solutions based on expertise or escalates to appropriate teams when needed; identifies trends in issues and determines the root cause; collaborates with cross-functional teams to drive solutions; updates stakeholders on issue resolution.
- Manages daily operations support for existing systems engineering solutions by performs complex maintenance and monitors the health and performance of systems engineering solutions; develops and delivers operational features and operations management systems and processes to accommodate growth and traffic on eCommerce websites; designs systems testing processes and environments; evaluates logs in order to proactively detect and document issues; performs daily requirements in order to ensure reliable and continued service; documents engineering processes and designs; and mentors and trains team members on applicable topics and processes. Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Are you are someone who enjoys collaborating with people to achieve a vision?
Do you have a desire to prove yourself in one of the largest companies on earth?
On this team as a Systems Engineer, you can bring a new perspective while building relationships and driving secure solutions both inside and outside of Walmart.
In this role:
- You will work with a team of Infrastructure Engineering professionals to analyze, implement, build and maintain on premise virtual environments.
- You will partner with teammates around the globe from Security, Software Developers and Architecture to automate, scale and protect the information assets of the world’s largest retailer.
- Each day you will be involved in solving problems at a scale which nobody has ever had before.
This position will require:
- An inquisitive mind unbound by existing convention.
- A desire to work in a large-scale enterprise / company.
- A logical demeanor, a desire to make a difference.
Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years of working experience
- Unix / Linux Operating System Engineering
- Informix Engineering / Administration
- Moderate experience with Informix SQL, MQ (Messaging Queue) Engineering, Network Engineering, Windows Server Engineering
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving &communication
- AngularJS, Node JS, MySQL DB admin, Mainframe, Perl, Awk, C, Born/Korn/Batch Shell scripting
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 2 years' OR Master of Science and 1 year's systems engineering experience OR 4 years' systems engineering experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.