What you'll do...
- Provides support to the business by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; identifying short and long term solutions; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of associate's domain.
- Manages small to large-sized complex projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; researching and identifying alternative solutions; determining needed solution based on return on investment and value add to the business; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; identifying areas of opportunity; interpreting information and identifying a solution; ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; and completing online documentation.
- Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, project management, business, and user experience teams.
- Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving pertinent documents, directions, examples, and timeline.
Required Qualifications for this role:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Solid grasp of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concepts
- Understands Agile methodology principles and applying within a Scrum team
- Ability to collaborate with other developers on the team
- Can independently develop creative solutions using C# .NET
- Solid understanding of common WPF controls and working with XAML within the .NET framework
- Understands MVVM development factory pattern principles
- Experience integrating UI/UX layer with WCF services layer
- Comfortable creating UI/UX mockup designs and/or wire frames
- Understands how to manage source code using standard Github practices
- Ability to demo functional solutions to business stakeholders
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Past experience using/integrating with Service Mesh
- Experience with products utilized within the Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Azure Blob Storage
- Knowledge of creating CI jobs using Jenkins or similar tools
- Familiarity with Ansible deployment tools
- Knowledge of docker and containerized deployments
- Comfortable managing day-to-day work using Jira
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Customer Care, Customer Service, Information Technology, Project Management, Retail Operations, Support, Technical Strategy, Troubleshooting
Masters: Computer Science