Dillard's, Inc. ranks among the nation's largest fashion apparel, cosmetics and home furnishings retailers with annual sales exceeding $6.6 billion. The Company focuses on delivering maximum fashion and value to its shoppers by offering compelling selections complemented by exceptional customer care. The Company is comprised of nearly 300 stores, spanning 29 states, all operating with one name - Dillard's, along with its eCommerce presence: Dillards.com.
Are you a Web Administrator looking to transition? Then Dillard’s wants to speak with you about an opportunity on our Web Administration Team. The Web Administration Team supports all of Dillard’s mission critical websites. As a member of the team, you will be part of a dynamic environment that utilizes a number of technologies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Install, configure, and maintain application server environments
- Perform problem determination and performance tuning of applications on websites using monitoring tools and techniques
- Create scripts to schedule repetitive, detailed, or off-hour tasks
- Stay informed of current and future releases/enhancements of technologies, including security releases
- Manage interactions with coworkers and vendor organizations
- Work closely with the OS Administration Teams, Database Administration Team, Information Security Team, and Network Engineers to maintain and support websites
- Attend product training as available and required
- Support production environments 24 x 7 through on-call rotations
- Assist development staff with new application implementation and problem resolution
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to work onsite at Corporate Headquarters in Little Rock, AR
- Knowledge of common Web Application stacks
- Web Server Administrative knowledge
- UNIX/Linux/Windows experience
- Scripting Skills
- Knowledge of Relational and Document data stores
- Knowledge of Java and/or dynamic languages
- Understanding of highly available architectures
- Motivated individual that gets things done
- Desire to analyze problems, propose solutions, and troubleshoot issues to resolution
- Drive to learn new technologies
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and multi-task several projects
- Willingness to help others
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with java monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with performance testing tools
- Experience with code repositories
- Knowledge of LDAP protocol
- Familiarity with centralized logging and performance analytics is an advantage
To apply, please submit a PDF of your resume and a PDF of your cover letter answering the following questions.
- Tell us why you’re interested in this position. What are you looking for in a career move?
- Give us your elevator pitch! Why are you a good fit for this position? What skills and abilities do you have that you feel make you qualified?
- We want to ensure we’re on the same page when it comes to compensation. What is your salary expectation (amount required to move forward with your application)? Is it negotiable?
- Our team works in our corporate office in Little Rock, AR. Are you local? If not, are you willing to relocate?